Director of Digital Library at the University of Texas – Austin
Responsible for administration and development of multi-institutional consortium of Texas research and academic libraries. Work in collaboration with membership, represent Texas Digital Library (TDL) in state, national, international forums to advance mission and goals of the organization
- Provide leadership and vision to the Texas Digital Library (TDL) organization, assisting the Governing Board and the staff with the development of long range and annual plans and report the progress of the plans.
- Develop working relationships with the deans and directors of member libraries, as well as with other member library staff to ensure management with TDL programs and awareness of TDL member needs.
- With the assistance of the TDL Governing Board, direct activities aimed at recruitment of new members for the TDL consortium. Develop and nurture relationships with academic and research libraries across the state of Texas and promote the work of TDL to potential member libraries.
- Serve as chief spokesperson for TDL in the digital library and academic library communities. Work to elevate TDL’s standing with these communities, and articulate the value of digital libraries generally, and TDL specifically. Work with the Governing Board to develop TDL as a nationally recognized digital collaborative.
- Develop, implement, and supervise programs and services that support its Strategic Plan and the needs of member libraries. Program development will include the identification of productive collaborations with outside organizations, with a key focus on building the value of TDL for members and potential members.
- Motivate and develop the professional team of administrative, communications, and technical staff.
- Coordinate work with Board and member-driven committees and task forces, and oversee the development of member library staff as liaisons for TDL services. Develop an annual budget for approval by the Board and oversee the management of all funds, consistent with the University of Texas Libraries’ accounting policies and systems. Conduct all business at the highest standard of integrity, ensuring that all activities are legal and ethical.