Mellon Digital Scholar at Five Colleges of Ohio
The Libraries at the Five Colleges of Ohio invite applications for the position of Mellon Digital Scholar. The Digital Scholar will support the Ohio Five Libraries’ transition to digital scholarship and continue the process of integrating digital collections into the curriculum and faculty research agendas. Funded by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, the position is a full-time, three-year, limited term appointment reporting to the grant’s Program Director.
The successful candidate will:
- Foster the conceptualization, design, development, and assessment of scholarly digital projects;
- Serve as a liaison to faculty, educating them about the wide range of options offered by the libraries and collaborating with them on the use of digital collections and projects in the curriculum;
- Train and coordinate training opportunities for library staff to increase their understanding and awareness of the emerging field of digital scholarship;
- Engage faculty and students, as appropriate, in collaborative scholarship and the creation of knowledge using digital collections and emerging analytical tools;
- Analyze digital collections, data, or research processes;
- Advance collaboration with other liberal arts digital scholarship work, including efforts to expand undergraduate research presentation opportunities at venues such as Re: Humanities;
- Work closely with consortial library committees in carrying out the goals of the grant;
- Be based at one of the Ohio Five colleges, but travel to consortial sites, ensuring that all five campuses receive the support they need and facilitating steady progress at each; and
- Perform other duties as required.