The last time we saw Ser Loras Tyrell compete against Ser Gregor Clegane, it would have ended with a wilted bouquet if not for the intervention of Sandor Clegane, The Hound.
With Cersei’s trial by combat approaching, I think Ser Robert Strong (the Zombie Mountain) will face off against Ser Loras Tyrell. Why?
- Ser Loras is already breaking while locked up by the Faith.
- Ser Loras may be offered atonement if he wins.
- Queen Margery has sided with the Faith in order to further her own goals.
- Queen Margery would benefit with Cersei’s champion losing and thus being sentenced to death.
- Finally, Ser Loras Tyrell is probably the best fighter of the Faith (assuming he joins them).
Also, in terms of plot, a fight in which Ser Loras Tyrell may die because of Cersei will only ratchet up the hatred and drama between the Tyrells and the Lannisters.