5 Ways To Not Write a Listicle
- Create a title that doesn’t involve numbers. There are exceptions though, like, DeLorean Hits 88 MPH; Travels through Time, or Huffington Post-esque articles, Discover What 2 Plus 2 Equals, (the answer of course being 4).
- Write complete sentences and correctly use grammar. Imagine your audience has more than an elementary school vocabulary and reading ability.
- Don’t use bullet points or ordered lists for the content. Try paragraphs and transitions.
- Carefully explore a topic and set it in context.
- Provide references in a recognized format like MLA or APA.